Friday 4 September 2009

Harrogate Quilt Show

On a lighter note than my last posting, I took a trip to Harrogate Quilt Show yesterday. I was impressed by the quilts, which in my opinion were more interesting than the NEC. I know it is only my opinion, but I saw quite a number of quilts that had taken a 'Fresh' approach to traditional quilting and others that were very inovative.

I bought yet more novelty prints. These grand-children of mine better appreciate the effort that I am putting into the latest project.

As Phil is away at a Railway Exhibition this weekend and I have the 5 redcoats to take care of, we are having a 'Girlie' weekend catching up on a bit of sewing and eating all our 'fave' foods. Washed down with a bottle of red, we may or may not stick to a scant quarter seam, but we will have enjoyed the experience. I hope you are also enjoying your weekend. Do take plenty of breaks and stretch those shoulder muscles that all too often tense while at the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment