Friday 4 September 2009

Size is Everything

As an update to my last blog regarding the size of Fat Quarters, I can now report that the company who sold me 30 fat quarters measuring smaller than a quarter yard have now got back to me with the quote 'The fat quarters of a yard are always 45 x55 cm in Holland'. I therefore have no option to name the company as Van Rooyen. His selection of novelty fabrics is second to none, but if he intends to sell in the UK, I and quite a few other people will agree with me that he should abide by EEC regulations and sell in metres and to the correct measurement. 17 1/2 inches is not half a yard, let alone half a metre.

What gives him the right to come to the UK and sell to us short measure and MORE EXPENSIVE than the majority of other retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment