Tuesday 7 July 2009

Back to Normality

Well I say normality, but I'm not sure anything in our house is ever normal. After the weekend I counted up that I had done 15 loads of washing and 9 of those needed ironing too. Everything is still needing to be put away, but my back aches so I'm sitting on my bum again writing this.

Thanks girls for the cake shop idea, it has been thought of, but a little bigger set up would be required and the lolly isn't available at the moment. Besides which my kitchen is like an oven in itself in the summer as we cook by AGA. I melt after only an hour in there.

Anyway back to today, Tuesday. Does anyone like hedgehogs? I love the little things and found a baby a week last Thursday, which seemed to be suffering. I put it in a box, gave it some cat food and water and left it in the shade. It was probably suffering with heat exhaustion as Thursday it was very hot. Anyway this little mite had 3 ticks, which I successfully removed and then let the little fella go, putting him (or her - not learned how to sex a hedgehog yet) in a custom made wooden home down in our orchard. As the dustbin was getting full I just left the box at the side of it - BIG MISTAKE. As soon as I let our 5 dogs out (bouncy red setters - but not stupid) one of them decided to investigate. She is very food orientated and the smell of cat food was just too much. Ferret was the first to notice the flees on her and managed to crush one. I immediately got out the flea treatment and hoped I had avoided an infestation.

Today was our regular Tuesday morning workshop which is a do as you wish morning with various project going on. After lunch I was just about to start some sewing for myself when I noticed two fleas on the same dog as before, so instead of stitching I ended up bathing or should I say showering all 5 dogs. Any of you out there with animals will know that they all get fleas from time to time, but when you've got 5 hairy dogs, getting rid is a many pronged attack. When they are all dry I have to treat them with Frontline. Here come 2 more loads of towels for the washing machine. (we have a seperate washing machine for doggy things). It's 5 pm now and I'm no further on than I was at 9 am this morning. Does anyone else have days like mine?

2 comments:

  1. We all have days like that hun. I regularly have days where I haven't had a minute to myself, but at the end of the day it seems that I've got absolutely nothing done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes often. They start off so hopeful, then crumble around my ears. Still fleas may be annoying, but it isn't actually the end of the world. As pet problems go, it's one of the better ones to have.

    ReplyDelete