Sunday 19 July 2009

Waiting for Lady Longarm

Hi All,

The quilting room is now all plastered out and as I speak, the other half is painting. He's not impressed that I asked for brilliant white and is now suffering with snow blindness. With a few quilts hung up (another job he doesn't know about) it will look great. When he's finished splashing the paint around I'll help him lay the floor and then the big lady longarm can be installed. I can't wait to have a play. I counted up the other day 6 quilts of my own and several charity quilts (that's Quilts for Comfort), so I'll have plenty to practice on. Better order some more wadding.

I'll have to live with the chest freezer in there too. I got a bit fed up with tools on the top of it, so specifically asked for it to join me. There must be a whole load of rubbish in the bottom. The dogs will have a great time with 'Dog Stew'. I'll also have a big box of stained glass, (not a problem) and a very dilapidated sofa, which needs re-upholstering. Does anyone know an upholsterer who is cheap?

A bit of bad news - there's always something to spoil your day isn't there? The AGA went out. It couldn't happen at a worse time as we have a B&B guest on Monday for the week. We are supposed to be on automatic top up with the oil company, but this is the second time it has happened and I'm fuming. However the kitchen is a lot cooler to work in at the moment. Luckily we have a gas hob, so we'll just have to live on beans (only joking - there's always the barbie).

I really enjoyed doing the Fireworks pattern, by Alice Wilhoit of Texas USA, and I'm hoping to run a workshop on it later in the year. Anyone interested? I'm having a play with circles at the moment. My daughter wants a quilt and I thought I would do something a little different. I'm hoping to make a workshop from that. Watch this space. I haven't learned how to add photos yet, so bear with me.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see it ... Phil has done a great job with that room (don't tell him I said that though!). Shame I'm not over there for a few weeks ... might just have to have a special trip with Gen for a nosey lol.

    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete