Thursday 2 July 2009

My First Blog

As a complete technophobe this is a venture into a total unknown so you will have to bear with me. I have been persuaded to start a blog by Ferret, who was here last weekend tutoring a machine quilting workshop. We had so much fun. I have never seen a pair of shoes with toes in and the delightful but crazy lady wanted to watch bats and owls outside at 10 at night. We didn't get a lot of sleep so by the end of the weekend I was totally wiped out. She seemed to be impressed by our workshop and accommodation, and our electrics passed muster, so let's hope she will come back.

I am extremely impressed by Ferret's work and only hope I can attain her standards when my APQS longarm machine is up and running. At the moment Phil (the other half) is busy making me a room in the back of the garage. The basic shell is there, but it needs a little work before I start practising. I have such a lot of quilt tops to quilt. I suppose the room will very soon be full of all the things that don't fit in the workroom such as rolls of wadding. I also suppose I will need a good supply of ANTISTAX.

2 comments:

  1. Yeahhhhhhhhh !!!!!!

    Am so glad you've joined the world of the bloggers. There's so many others out there with similar interests.

    The only problem now is keeping it updated.

    See you soon

    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya. You wait, once you have the machine up and running you will get through those tops in pretty short order. OK the fireworks may take a little longer, but you will get there. Glad to see we have lead you astray :)

    ReplyDelete